UPDATED: March 25, 2020
The following events, schools, and businesses are canceled, closed, or postponed as a preventative measure for COVID-19.
If you would like to submit cancellations or delays please call:
- By Order of The Governor of The State Of Minnesota ALL SCHOOLS ARE CLOSED
- St. Peter Public School Library’s are Closed to the public through Saturday, March 28.
- VINE Mankato Closings – click on link to view local VINE closings https://vinevolunteers.com/covid-19/
- The Nazareth’s Food Pantry will be closed through April 25th and hope to reopen May 14th. The facility doesn’t allow for the social distancing needed to keep everyone healthy.
- The Mankato Family YMCA will remain closed, for now, until Monday, March 30th. All YMCA programming and events will also be canceled. As we approach that date we will determine if staying closed longer makes sense. For frequent updates as this situation continues to develop, please visit www.mankatoymca.org.
- Watonwan County Library’s are canceling all programs from now until March 28th at all 5 branches.
- The ReStore at Habitat for Humanity is temporary closed through Sunday, March 29th. ONLY the ReStore is temporary closed..Habitat for Humanity will continue to take your donations..furniture, kitchen cabinets, building materials..all kinds of items. It’s easy to continue to make your donate. Drop off your items at Habitat for Humanity Tuesday through Saturday’s between 10 to 4. Or call ahead. Habitat for Humanity located at 1730 Bassett Drive, Mankato. Building Homes… Building Hope.
- At Planet Fitness all clubs have closed until further notice.
- Eagles 269 and American legion in North Mankato no BINGO til further notice
- Minnesota State Colleges and Universities, including South Central College and Minnesota State University, Mankato, are suspending classes until March 23rd
- Kenny Chesney’s May 2nd concert at US Bank Stadium has been postponed and a later date will be announced
- Women of Distinction Update: In response to the rapidly changing COVID-19 situation, the YWCA Mankato has made the decision to postpone the YWCA Women of Distinction event until later this year. We will let you know as soon as we pick an alternate date. Thank you again for your support of our honorees!
- Mankato Clinic Obstetrics department has canceled all childbirth classes until further notice.
- Benco Electric for the Annual Meeting is canceled. Was scheduled for Saturday, April 4th.
- Christ the King Mankato has suspended all on-site worship services until Palm Sunday, April 5th. Streaming services are available Sundays at 9:30 am and Wednesdays at 6:00 pm. Free community to-go meals are available to be picked up Wednesdays from 5:00-6:00 pm at Christ the King. 222 Pfau St, Mankato.
- St. Peter American Legion Post 37 is closed
- All St. Peter Senior Center Programming has been canceled until April 15th
- Mankato Mortuary would like everyone planning to attend a funeral to please reference their website https://www.mankatomortuary.com/obits to be aware of any updates (times, dates, adjustments to attendance restrictions). For any additional questions please contact Mankato Mortuary at 507-388-2202.
- Disabled American Veterans is canceling the Vets on the Hill event that was scheduled for April 20th.
- The MN Pheasants Inc. of Blue Earth County has canceled their annual member’s banquet scheduled for Friday, April 3rd at the Kato Ballroom. Go to mnpheasants.com for details.
- Senior Card Group at the Wow Zone Wednesday’s at noon canceled until further notice. Any questions, call Kathy at 507-625-2781
- Greater Mankato Diversity Council will not be having our March 21st Women’s History Month event.
- C & S Supply have changed their hours Monday through Saturday they are open 8-5 pm. Sunday open 11 am-5 pm.
- The Vera Bradley Foundation for Breast Cancer (the “Foundation”) has announced the cancellation of its “Turn the Town Pink” campaign, scheduled for the month of May 2020, as well as its annual signature event, the Vera Bradley Foundation for Breast Cancer Classic (the “Classic”), scheduled for May 28 through June 1, 2020, due to COVID-19 concerns. Both events are held in Fort Wayne, Indiana.
- Connect Real Estate Groups 1st Time Homebuyer Seminar scheduled for Thursday, March 26th at the Wow Zone has been cancelled.
- McPherson & Minn Lake Annual Meeting scheduled for Saturday March 21st is cancelled
- Bethlehem Lutheran Church and St Peter Bell Lutheran in Elysian. No services March 29th. Go to Facebook at 10am Sunday for services.
- Trinity Lutheran Church, Janesville, MN has suspended their church service through March 29. There will be a FB live service at 6:30 p.m. on Wednesday and also on Sunday at 9:15.